Have you ever had a hard time trusting God in an area of your life? I know there have been times in my Christian life where I have struggled trusting Him. Why do we struggle in the area of trusting Him when He has proven Himself to be trustworthy in our lives? There are many reasons in the Bible to trust Him. I want to share six reasons why we should trust God and a reference for each one to reflect upon today.
1. He knows you by name - Isaiah 43:1, "But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."
2. He thinks about me - Psalms 139:17, "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!"
3. He will fight for you - Exodus 14:14, "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace."
4. He has plans for you - Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
5. He is our refuge - Psalms 62:6-8, "He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."
6. He is always with us - Matthew 28:20, "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
These are great reminders for all believers. At times, we may become discouraged and disheartened, which may cause us to not trust God as we should. Just as a parent desires their child to trust them may we, as God's child, trust our heavenly Father in every area of our life.
Written by Brian Ragle